Reader (Agriculture) at the Federal University, Gusau – 7 Openings
Reader (Agriculture) at the Federal University, Gusau – 7 Openings: Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State – It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in Federal University Gusau (FUGUS):
Job Title: Reader (CONUASS 06)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Departments: Crop Protection, Animal Science, Agriculture, Forestry and Wildlife Management, Soil Science, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Agric Economics
- Must be a Ph.D holder in relevant field with at least Nine (9) years teaching experience at the University level plus 3 years as Senior Lecturer in the University.
- Adequate background of research with sufficient number, (not less than 8) edited conference proceedings
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D and Master’s level
- Dissemination of knowledge through professional and academic activities.
- General academic leadership and the ability to mentor others
- Some administrative experience and proven integrity
- Favorable external assessment
- To be currently at a Senior Lecturer in the University
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed Applications, photocopies of their Credentials, and CV. The CV must contain the following information:
- Full name (in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- State of origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Functional email address
- GSM numbers
- Marital status
- Number of children with names and age
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- General and specific working experience, giving duration, posts held and salary
- Details of research work and publications (attach)
- Details of administrative experience and community service, with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level & step, salary structure, and name and address of present employer
- Any other relevant information
- Names of addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be your current HOD / Dean who shall send their reports directly to the “Registrar” under confidential cover.
All applications must be addressed and submitted to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B. 1001, Gusau,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.