Professor (Pharmacy) at the Federal University, Gusau – 7 Openings
Professor (Pharmacy) at the Federal University, Gusau – 7 Openings: Federal University, Gusau, Zamfara State – It is a conventional University established in January 2013 and currently has three faculties as follows: Faculty of Humanities and Education, Faculty of Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Science with a plan for additional faculties.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in Federal University Gusau (FUGUS):
Job Title: Professor (CONUASS 07)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Departments: Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, General Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmarcognosy, Clinical Pharmacy.
- Must be a Ph.D holder in relevant field with at least (12) years teaching experience at the University plus 3 years at least as Reader.
- Continues productive research with the achievement for an acknowledge authority in area of specialization
- Considerable background of research with sufficient number (not less that 15), of scholarly publications in reputable journals and (not less than 10) edited conference proceedings
- Not less than 75% of maximum scored under research shall be in an applicant’s area pf specialization
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D and Master level
- Adequate capacity disseminates knowledge through professional and academic activities.
- Sound academic leadership and the ability to mentor others.
- Administrative skills, ability and experience spotless integrity.
- Favorable external assessment
- Candidate must be currently a Reader in a University or waiting external assessment for the position.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) sets of typed Applications, photocopies of their Credentials, and CV. The CV must contain the following information:
- Full name (in capital letters)
- Post applied for
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- State of origin
- Local Government Area of Origin
- Nationality (for non-Nigerian)
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Functional email address
- GSM numbers
- Marital status
- Number of children with names and age
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications with dates
- Professional qualifications with dates
- General and specific working experience, giving duration, posts held and salary
- Details of research work and publications (attach)
- Details of administrative experience and community service, with details of status and dates
- Present employment, rank, grade level & step, salary structure, and name and address of present employer
- Any other relevant information
- Names of addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be your current HOD / Dean who shall send their reports directly to the “Registrar” under confidential cover.
All applications must be addressed and submitted to:
Federal University Gusau,
P.M.B. 1001, Gusau,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.