General Manager at Uniabuja Ventures Limited
General Manager at Uniabuja Ventures Limited: University of Abuja – Established by an Act of the Federal Government in 1988, University of Abuja is a dual- mode University in Nigeria with great prospects. The University has twelve (12) Faculties, a College of Health Sciences, a Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE), Institute of Education, among others.
Uniabuja Ventures Limited, our commercial and self-sustaining outfit, with the University as Principal Shareholder, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- The General-Manager, Uniabuja Ventures Ltd shall be responsible to the Board of Directors of the Uniabuja Ventures Ltd for the day-to-day operation, including policies and programs relating to a full commercial, trading, enterprise with the interest in Services, Manufacturing, Trading, Marketing and any other transactions related to the Uniabuja Ventures Ltd, advises the Board on necessary measures to ensure periodic checks and correcting defects on all transactions to make the Uniabuja Ventures Ltd constantly functional.
- The General Manager is also responsible for advising the Board on material requirements, relevant number of qualified and experienced personnel and labour force necessary for an effective and sustainable operation and maintenance of the Uniabuja Ventures Ltd.
The General Manager must be:
- A person of high integrity and capable of providing effective leadership;
- Pro-active and receptive to new ideas and willing to translate them into reality; and,
- Demonstrate ability to supervise and monitor a team of experienced and competent technical, commercial and marketing staff.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Economics (B.Sc.) degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Law, HND in Marketing from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution with not less than ten (10) years of cognate experience – eight (8) of which must be unbroken service in a trading, or commercial enterprise, or similar outfit from the Private sector.
The candidate must have attained the rank of Assistant General Manager or its equivalent and be registered with the relevant professional body.
- The candidate must not be less than thirty-five (35) years and not more than fifty-five (55) years of age at the point of assumption &duty
- The Venture is to be run as a commercial venture and as self-sustaining. The General Manager shall earn his salary through the Uniabuja Ventures Ltd.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of their credentials. The CV should highlight the following:
- Full Name (surname first)
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- School(s) Attended with Date(s)
- Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Work Experience (stating dearly the Organization served,
- Positions held with Dates)
- Membership of Professional Body(ies)
- Phone Number
- E-Mail Address
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
Applicants should request each of their Referees to forward a confidential report on them in sealed envelopes to the address below. Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked ‘Post of General Manager, Uniabuja Ventures Ltd,” and addressed to:
The Company Secretary,
Uniabuja Ventures Limited,
C/O University of Abuja,
P.M.B. 117, Airport Road,